Lanzarote in March has a pretty similar weather like January and February with temperatures ranging between 20 degrees C to 24 degrees C during the day and between 15 degrees C and 16 degrees C in the night.
Sometimes there are overcast days too, but when the sun shines it surely is bikini weather and a good tan can be enjoyed. There could be an occasional sand storm due to winds blowing from the Sahara desert. If you’re planning to have a good time in the sun then a swim suit with sunscreen lotion is essential. Packing a light sweater or cardigan is good for some windy and cool nights.
You can also keep yourself and your family busy by participating in a few March activities like :
- San Leandro Festival: The San Leandro Festival in Teguise is celebrated on March 13th in 2015. This event showcases the local culture and includes musical concerts, dances and plenty of opportunities to try the local food and drink.
- St. Joseph’s Day: This festival is celebrated on March 19th. There are special services held across churches on the island.
- Semana Santa: This is a holy week before Easter with religious holidays of Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. During this week processions are carried out and parade of sacred icons and religious statues is carried out through villages and towns of the island.
- St. Patrick’s Day: This is a very special day for Irish ex-pats celebrated on March 17, especially in pubs and clubs. Malpais Festival of arts runs through May until May. Costa Teguise Mountain Bike Rally is a challenging activity which will keep you busy on two wheels.
- Trofeo Sar Princesa Alexia: This event is held in Arrecife between March 15th and March 17th. This event is a must for boat enthusiasts and the most important sporting event of the month.